This is a blog to track my progress in Crossfit.

Cardiorespiratory endurance, stamina, strength, power, speed,
flexibility, agility, accuracy, balance, and coordination: you're as good as
your weakest link.


- Crossfit Founder Greg Glassman

Saturday, July 2, 2011

WOD

20110702

Hero workout...I scaled - only did 5 rounds and 5 reps per round. Weights and other scaling as listed.

“The Seven”
7 Rounds
7 Handstand Push-ups - I did 15# DB press
7 Thrusters (135/95) I did 55#
7 Knees to Elbows I did knees to almost elbows
7 Deadlift (245/175)  I did 105#
7 Burpees
7 KB Swings (70/53) I did 35#
7 Pull-ups all done without bands!

I finished in 17:09. Scaled too much. Shoulda stuck w/ 5 reps per round and still done the 7 rounds. But I did rip a callous, so I woulda been wussy the last two rounds anyway.

Intensity is the single component most responsible for positive adaptation in the body. This is why most of our workouts are between 3 and 12 minutes. It is difficult to maintain intensity over extended periods of time. The important thing to remember about many of our long Saturday workouts is that they do a poor job of improving your fitness. But if you have come in on your Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays then Saturday’s workout will do a good job of testing whether your fitness has improved. These workouts also serve to improve “mental toughness” and act as a shared experience best remembered with friends over drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment